THE LAW AND SOCIETY TRUST
IS LOOKING FOR
A PROJECT COORDINATOR
The project focuses on the economic, social and political empowerment of women in Sri Lanka. Specifically it addresses the reduction of poverty and injustice of the vulnerable communities in the country. In the process, its strategy is to develop the capacity of these vulnerable people either cooperatives and strengthen them with business initiatives. This will enable these communities to work together and work for the fulfilment of their rights and needs in return contributing to reduction of poverty and injustice of their members. This application has the objective to sustain the two communities with developed business initiatives at two women branches. The targeted communities are the people that suffer from lack of sufficient income, access to resources and service, lack of skills and knowledge on business development and are vulnerable to social abuses.
Scope of Work
• Be responsible for the implementation of the project in the several target districts as per the approved project budgets.
• Prepare and submit annual programme work and financial plans of the project.
• Be responsible in preparing project documents as required, (i.e. monthly/quarterly/bi-annual, annual and final reports of the project with the consolidation of the information related to the project.
• Perform project monitoring visits to the project/s’ locations and provide technical support to the BODs, staff and members of participating local organizations and own organization regularly for the improvement of the project’s performance.
• Coordinate with other stakeholders including the relevant Departrnent’s, CSOs and networks for the effective implementation of the project as well as to increase the image of We Effect and its implementing partners, showing their contribution for poverty reduction in target locations.
• Provide accurate and timely information of the project to the We Effect country office.
• Be the responsible Person of the project budget management and ensure the cost effectiveness in the project implementation.
• Represent the partners and the projects in Project discussions, Budget amendments, National Programme meetings, etc., organized by We Effect.
• Coordinate and work with the research team to develop high quality research outputs related to the project.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Diploma or equivalent academic degree in Social sciences / Business Management / Agriculture /Natural Resources Management / Economy/Sociology / or any other relevant field.
• Good field experience and knowledge of civil society development work and humanitarian methods. knowledge and experience with the cooperative sector is an added advantage
• Good verbal and written command of English and Sinhala/Tamil, language. Ability to work in both local languages is an added advantage.
• Detailed oriented and organized. Must be prepared to travel out of Colombo to the districts as required
LST is a not-for-profit organization engaged in human rights documentation, legal research and advocacy in Sri Lanka. Our aim is to use rights-based strategies in research, documentation and advocacy in order to promote and protect human rights, enhance public accountability and ensure respect for the rule of law.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, gender, religion/belief, sexual orientation and age.
Please send letters of interest with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th December 2018.