Opportunities at the Law & Society Trust
The project involves working with community and national level women’s organizations and networks in a collaborative research, advocacy and capacity-building approach to address women’s barriers to economic, social and political advancement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and budgets.
• Prepare annual programme work and financial plans of the project/s
• Prepare required donor reports for project/s
• Coordinate with stakeholders in relevant government agencies, civil society organisations and other networks
• Handle budget management for cost effectiveness in project implementation
• Work with the research team to develop high-quality research output
Required qualifications and skills
• Academic degree (or equivalent) in Social Sciences/ Business Management/ Agriculture/ Natural Resources Management/ Economy /Sociology/ OR any other relevant field.
• Field experience and knowledge on rights-based approaches in development and women’s rights
• Hands-on experience coordinating and implementing donor-funded projects
• Experience in project cycle and Results-Based Management (RBM)
• Verbal and written command of English and Sinhala/Tamil language. Ability to manage both local languages is an added advantage.
• Previous experience working with local communities, civil society and networks is an added advantage
• Reporting and budget management skills
• Ability to travel for regular field monitoring
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office and internet applications
Candidates must have good negotiation and problem-solving skills, work well in teams, be analytical, creative and innovative, trustworthy, disciplined and responsible. S/He must be available to start work immediately at the office premises in Colombo. Interested candidates should please send a cover letter and resume that includes 2 non- related professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th March 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.